HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR METH TO CONTAMINATE YOUR HOME?
The methamphetamine manufacturing process produces toxic chemicals. The toxic fumes that the 'cooking" gives off, is absorbed by any porous surface they come in contact with. Non-porous surfaces are of equal risk as the vapour leaves residue that can be absorbed through contact.
Similarly, methamphetamine smoking produces a vapour from heated crystals, or "smoke." This meth smoke is inhaled and then, when exhaled, cools and condenses into microlised crystals that are absorbed through the skin and mouth.
Cooking, Smoking and Meth use is damaging your property! The popular belief is that you are not at risk if you live in a house that has only had meth users smoking in it. A house that has been used to “cook” meth has damaging health potential, equally, you are NOT safe from adverse health affects living in a house that has had meth users, smoking meth inside or around the house.
The heated vapours cool and condense leaving microlised crystals that can be dermally absorbed over time. As the house “breathes” with temperature change, the porous surfaces in the house also “breathe” and release toxic vapour.
Don’t run the risk of contamination for you or your family. Protect them, protect your asset, get a meth test done with the Xperts! Call Meth Xpert!
The below infographic depicts the "time" in which your house, your rental, or your home where some "friends" came to stay, can become contaminated with meth.